On July 4, 1777, the first official independence day celebration was held in Philadelphia. This celebration included community parties, firing of muskets and cannons, parades, and musical performances. Today, we celebrate in a similar way. We gather in our communities and enjoy patriotic music, bright banners of red, white, and blue, waving flags, parades, and fireworks. If you’re looking to step it up a notch this year, or just need some inspiration, check out some of our favorite 4th of July party ideas and rental items!
Share the celebration with your friends and family with outdoor games and activities. Parties To Go offers a variety of games for rent. From classic backyard games to larger carnival type activities, we have you covered.
This is a classic yard game that has made a recent resurgence. Players take turns tossing bean bags at the raised platform, with the intent of scoring points. This game is great for most ages and encourages teamwork.
Horse Shoe Toss
Two stakes at the ends of a pitch, and horseshoes for each team. The goal is to get the horseshoe around the stake, tossed from a distance decided on by the players, based on age and skill.
This is an excellent game for a big family gathering. Teams work to pull the opposing team over the center-line. This classic game has been in use for decades and always brings laughter and teamwork.
Another great game for larger events. Teams of 3 stand on a long board attached to their feet and must “walk” from the starting line to the finish line. Seems easy, right? Not exactly. Each team member has to work in sync with the other members to make each step. This game is sure to bring lots of laughs.
This game is fun for fundraisers or larger community events. Our dunk tank rental sets up in just minutes and holds 460 gallons of water. Guests throw softballs at the target, and when they make a hit, the person sitting on the platform falls into the water with a big splash.
We also offer other games, including a duck pond, croquet, froggy fly fling, tycoon typhoon, and laser toss (frisbee game), and more. Check out our rentals page to see all the offerings.
BBQ and Catering
4th of July parties often revolve around food and the community ambiance of a large BBQ. Having a bunch of great food and dessert options will make your party a hit. We provide many rental options to help make feeding your crowd easier.
Seating and Shade
Check out our large large selection of tents, tables, and chairs for rent. Everything you’ll need to seat, feed, and entertain your guests.
Food Preparation Options
- Sno-Kone Machine – Our Sno-Kone machine is easy to use and operate. We also offer all the supplies you’ll need to keep your guests cool and having fun.
- Margarita Machine – For the grown-ups, we have a slushy margarita machine available. Choices are between two flavors, so you can ensure your guests will be satisfied and kept cool for the duration of your party.
- Soft Serve Ice Cream Machine – Something about a summer holiday celebration demands cold treats, and what’s better than a classic soft-serve ice cream cone? Our soft-serve ice cream machine makes a perfect addition to a self-serve ice cream bar. Fill a table with a variety of toppings and let your guests make their dream cone.
We also offer stowaway bars and all of the basics you’ll need, including but not limited to beverage fountains, tiered serving platters, and more. Click here to view our catering equipment rentals.
Dishes and Flatware
Whether you choose to cater with fine china for your celebration, or you want to keep it simple with fun decorative paper plates and plastic flatware, we’ve got options. Party decorations are a favorite part of the party for us.
From basic color plates and flatware accenting coordinating tablecloths, there are a ton of great options in our party store.
DIY 4th of July Party Ideas to Add Fun
One of the biggest struggles in a big full day celebration is keeping everyone entertained while you wait for the big show. In addition to the activities we offer for rent, here are some fun DIY ideas to explore.
- Squirt Gun Station – Fill a large bucket with water and some inexpensive squirt guns, then watch the kids and adults to play. It is guaranteed to keep everyone cool and active all day.
- Can Knock Down Game – Build a stack of decorated cans and throw wiffle balls or tennis balls to knock them down. You could offer prizes or just celebrate when all the cans are knocked down.
- Easy Berry Flag Dessert – Create a patriotic dessert with fruit and yogurt pretzels for this simple and healthy snack option.
- Fruit Skewers and Patriotic Drinks – Browse Pinterest for a variety of food ideas for you to find inspiration in, from star-shaped fruit and sandwiches, to patriotic fruit skewers.
- Sparkler Shield – Nothing brings joy to a kid’s eyes like a sparkler as the sun sets on the 4th of July. However, these seemingly harmless fireworks come with their own dangers. Poke a hole through the bottom of a plastic cup (just big enough for a sparkler stick to go through) and have your child hold the sparkler while his/her hand is protected by the cup (seen here).
Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July
Most importantly, remember that this holiday is about friends, family, and independence. Remember to stay safe and take the time to enjoy being with the people who make your life special.
Parties To Go wishes you and yours a beautiful and successful Independence Day celebration! Give us a call to help you find the right accessories to make your party a hit.