Spring has sprung and Easter is right around the corner. Since its origins, Easter has been a time of celebration, feasting and fun. From egg hunts to egg rolling to egg decorating, you likely had some favorite Easter games growing up. If you are organizing a celebration with family and friends, read on for some creative Easter ideas to ensure a fun day for the whole family.
Brunch, lunch, or Easter dinner? Whichever you choose, be sure to include some traditional Easter favorites, such as ham, scalloped potatoes, roasted asparagus, and, of course, hot cross buns and deviled eggs. Consider a floral theme to your drinks menu and serve refreshing and fun beverages such as a Mint Tulip Cocktails or Dogwood Punch (with or without the alcohol). For the kids, choose Pink Lemonade Punch or a kid-friendly Citrus Sangria. For dessert, get the kids involved; bake and frost a giant bunny cake and set the kids free to decorate to their hearts’ content with Easter candy and colorful coconut.
Activities for Everyone
- Magic Jelly Beans: If you are expecting a group of kids to your home, give them their own magic jelly bean when they arrive, and have them plant it in a special location in your backyard. Before the party ends, take the kids to check on their magic jelly beans – a surprise may await them.
- DIY Easter Egg Baskets: Check out your local dollar store or go to Oriental Trading for colorful baskets. Then, set up a craft station for the kids to decorate their own basket with construction paper, stickers, pompoms, flowers, googly eyes and/or pipe cleaners. Be sure that all craft materials are appropriate for every age.
- Classic Egg Hunt: In addition to a surprise inside, slip or attach a fun command in the hidden eggs, such as “Hop like a bunny!” to keep your guests moving and shaking. Everyone will be laughing and singing their way through the egg hunt. A free printable can be found here. Consider hiding alternatives to candy inside the eggs, such as fruit snack bags or graham cracker snacks.
- Conversation Starters: Hide a card printed with an Easter-themed riddle or joke (along with the answer) under everyone’s plate and ask everyone to share theirs throughout the meal.
- Egg Toss: You might want to consider reserving this game for the older folks, but it is a traditional Easter game that is sure to entertain! Hint: set up a cleaning station close by.
Last, but Not Least, the Decorations
Visit your local party store for everything you need to create your Easter ideas – festive platters, tablecloths, napkins and more. You can also try your hand at these easy DIY ideas:
- Grab some tissue paper and transform any old tray or an inexpensive platter from your local dollar store into one that is perfectly suited for Easter.
- Gather some plastic craft eggs, a variety of moss and a Styrofoam cone from your favorite craft or dollar store and use your glue gun to create an egg topiary centerpiece for the dinner table.
- Make a bunny place card in a variety of spring colors that mimic the iconic Peeps marshmallow treat. Make them out of polymer clay and use them next Easter too!
Easter Ideas from Parties To Go
The Easter Bunny has become a recognized symbol of Easter, but this day is also filled with candy-filled baskets, bright flowers in an abundance of colors, chicks, bunnies and painted eggs galore. Parties To Go has what you need to inspire fun and festive Easter ideas for your gathering. Come in and take a look at what we have to offer or contact us online today.